Friday, 25 May 2012

QUICK-FIX: Paul D. Brazill



Right now I’m reading …

I’ve literally just finished William Ryan’s The Bloody Meadow, which is beaut, and I’m about to start Mr. Glamour by Richard Godwin.

Three things I can see from my writing chair are …

A record player, a piano, a demi-john filled with bubbling red wine.


The biggest time-suck that stops me writing is …

The internet and all its bastard offspring.

It might surprise you but I like reading …

Happy endings.

The fictional character I’d most like to meet is …

Kilgore Trout - a writer of pulp novels, a man who has travelled to other planets and a very funny man. What could be nicer than that?

One writer who should be much better known is…

Ian Ayris -with his brilliant début novel, Abide With Me, Ayris has given us a book that can be enjoyed by fans of crime fiction, social realism, football and people who don't read that much at all.


:: Paul D. Brazill is the co-editor of the anthology TRUE BRIT GRIT
Visit Paul at: http://pdbrazill.blogspot.co.uk/