Monday, 24 September 2012

QUICK-FIX: Nick Quantrill

Right now I’m reading …

“A Dark Place To Die” by Ed Chatterton.  It’s a review copy of a police procedural/Brit Grit novel split between Liverpool and Australia. It’s a very impressive debut – dark, disturbing and violent, but it’s not without some humour. It feels like the characters have got the legs to carry a series.


Three things I can see from my writing chair are …


My fifteen month old daughter performing some sort of strange Riverdance jig, a slow cooker and a pile of research books for the next novel. I’m sure they’re laughing at me because I haven’t read them yet…


The biggest time-suck that stops me writing is …

Life…though I suffer pretty badly from writer’s guilt…


It might surprise you but I like reading …


Morrisons’ free monthly recipe magazine.


The fictional character I’d most like to meet is …


I could see myself having a drink with Harry Bosch. I’d have to go to LA, obviously…


One writer who should be much better known is…


I’m a big fan of Eric Beetner. He’s got a big book in him, I’m sure.


 

:: Nick's “Bang Bang You’re Dead” is available to download from 17th September, as part of Byker Books’ Kindle-exclusive “Best of British” series.