Thursday, 12 December 2013

QUICK-FIX: Nick Alexander

Right now I’m reading … The Quarry by Iain Banks

Three things I can see from my writing chair are … a bunch of paragliders floating in the sky above a frosty mountain, one extremely old, toothless cat, and a woodburner that has been threatening to go out all afternoon, and has now, finally, expired. Brrr.

The biggest time-suck that stops me writing is
… facebook. But I love the connection to readers that it provides, and no one can write 24 hours a day anyway, so it’s all good.

It might surprise you but I like reading … Virginia Woolf novels. Over and over again. Best prose ever written.

The fictional character I’d most like to meet is … Jack Twist. We’d “sure find a way to pass the time up there on Brokeback Mountain, boy.”

One writer who should be much better known is… Michael Cunningham. Not exactly unknown, but he should be a superstar IMHO.

:: OTHER HALVES - Nick Alexander's sequel to the No.1 Kindle bestseller THE HALF-LIFE OF HANNAH (currently free) is available from today.